Flights and routes change all the time, so we have added the Skyscanner box above which we believe is the best and most up to date tool around for finding flights to Faro Airport.
Just add your departure airport, dates and whether it´s a return or single journey. When you go through to the next page you can select times that you would prefer to depart and arrive. Always check other airports close to you as quite often new flights are added, even just for the summer months.
The average flying time for all the UK – Faro flights is around 2 hours and 45 minutes and one of the great benefits of travelling between the UK and Portugal is that the time zones are the same throughout the year.
BOOKING FLIGHTS & THINGS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION
Before booking your flight to Faro Airport, take a few things into consideration. Booking that cheap, late night flight could end up costing you a taxi journey.
- If you are hiring a car at Faro Airport, please note that the car hire desks do close around midnight, so avoid the last flights in case of delay. Be sure to read the small print on your car hire voucher. Also, don´t forget to add your flight number when booking your car so they know when to expect you.
- Taking a Bus at Faro Airport? The buses stop around midnight, so once again, if your flight is delayed you may have to then take a taxi from the airport.
- Collecting keys for your accommodation – be sure of the times you can collect keys.
- If one airlines flight times don´t work, then try a couple of airlines. Use one for your outbound journey and another for your inbound journey. Just check about hand luggage as it´s really annoying when they have different rules on the number of items allowed.
- Travelling is stressful and not knowing where you are sitting or if you will be sitting together as a family adds even more stress. Book your seats to avoid this agro.
- If you pre book a Faro Airport Private Transfer your driver will keep track of your flight and be at the arrivals hall to meet you.
Other airports close to Faro Airport
- Seville Airport (211km) in Spain which is about a 2 hour drive
- Lisbon Airport is 276km away around 2.5 hour drive
- Gibraltar is 393km away, around 4 hour drive
- Porto Airport 564km away, around 5 hour drive
- Jerez Airport 292km away, around 3 hour drive
Spain and Portugal are fabulous countries to drive through so you could always think about a driving holiday. There are some fantastic places to see in both countries and the roads are brilliant to drive on as there´s rarely any traffic.