Car Hire at Faro Airport
We personally love hiring our own car when going on holiday. It gives you freedom to have a look around the area whenever you want. The beaches are amazing in Portugal, you could spend all day there, but if the weather´s bad, then you may want to take cover in one of the shopping centres which are spread out along the Algarve. There are some beautiful places to see and explore which you just won’t do in a taxi. Car hire can be so cheap, sometimes the same price as a taxi journey to your accommodation.
At the bottom of this page 👇 we have some tips for…
Booking The Car
Collecting Your Car
Driving Tips in Portugal
Car Hire Firms Based At Faro Airport
Listed below are the six main car hire companies based at Faro Airport. They are all in one area just outside the terminal building. You can get a quote in the box above and see who you are renting through before booking. We do recommend taking out the Zero Liability Insurance. Always have your voucher ready at the desks in case of any problems.
Telephone: +351 289 889 456
Opening hours: 7 days a week from 07:00 to 23:59
Telephone: +351 289 889 447
Opening hours: Monday-Sunday 07:00-23:59
Internacional Airport Faro
Telephone: +351 289 800 883 / Fax: 289 107 765
Opening hours: Daily 07:00 – 24:00
Goldcar Faro Airport
Telephone: +351 219 426 300
Opening hours: Monday-Sunday 07:00-24:00
Sixt Car Rental
Telephone: +351 289 247 595
Opening hours: Monday-Sunday 06:00-24:00
Tips when booking your Faro Airport Car Hire
- Book your flights before you book your car.
- For the best price, book your car as soon as possible.
- Always add your flight number to the car booking so they know when to expect you.
- Check times of collecting & dropping off, an hour or 2 can make a difference to the price.
- Make sure the car has air conditioning, especially in the summer months.
- Book any extras like child seats or restraints especially during the summer months when supplies can run out. This may be a separate payment with the company direct.
- Don´t just book the cheapest, you can see the car hire companies, have a look at reviews online.
- Don´t book the smallest, you don´t want cases left on show.
- Remember everyones driving license who wishes to be a name driver.
- Think about taking out the extra insurance to reduce your Liability to zero.
- READ THE SMALL PRINT on your voucher
- Make sure you get your DVLA Code
Tips when collecting your car at Faro Airport
- To save time in the queue, ask the non driver to collect the luggage.
- Have your voucher ready, if there are any problems call the number.
- If you are pushed for upgrades, think first, do you really need it?
- Take your time to check the car for any scratches or damage.
- Before setting off, become familiar with the car and if driving at night, make sure your lights are on.
- Take care when collecting your car, don’t get distracted by people or leave your bags anywhere.
- Make sure you check the petrol situation. Have you paid for a full tank? Do you need to return it full or empty? If you need to return it full, then the nearest petrol station is on the main road into the airport, about 1km before you get the actual terminal.
- Ask how payment is to be made regarding electronic tolls. Most car hiring companies have already installed devices on their vehicles and the costs of using the tolls are added at the client’s bill.
- Also handy to check about speeding / parking fines.
Driving tips in Portugal
- Remember Portugal driving is on the Right Hand Side
- Seat belts are compulsory.
- Same rules to mobiles apply – no using whilst driving.
- Children 12 years or younger and less than 1.5m tall are not allow in the front seat.
- Keep your eye on the speed limits, max 120kmph on motorways.
- Make sure you have all the paperwork you need on you.
- Be sure to have the necessary triangle and reflective jacket in case of breakdown.